Wednesday 27 April 2011

Evaluation Question 2: How does your media product represent particular social groups?



I have compared my images to images I found of Taylor Swift. Top two images are similar in that they are both close up/midshots they both have very soft colours and natural make up and hair. The camera is positioned at eye level for both of these images. This was important to me as I wanted to create a bond between the reader and the artist on the cover. Both images use warm colours Taylor Swift paler with more yellow and cream tones whereas Ellie's image uses deeper tones of redy orange in the background and brown hair.
The second two images are also very similar, the use of props is the same and the intense look of being lost in the music is the same.
Overall my images connote a happy yet mature and serious attitude to music with a friendly edge. I feel this is perfect for my target audience. Interested in music, festivals, calm relaxing nature but also having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment